Monday, November 9, 2009

ERs, Doctors, and Hospitals

I'm so sick of them. Every last one of them. Luke had a fever (104) tonight so I took him to the ER, per ER Triage Nurse's suggestion, and when I go there, they gave him motrin. I could have totally done that at home people! I gave him Tylenol before we left our house, but he vomited it right back up, just like he did his supper. They didn't run a single test on Luke, which made me mad. Nothing, not a strep, not a flu. Come to think of it, she didn't even look at his throat. Isn't that standard?? But, she wanted to put him on Tamiflu anyway...Thanks, but no thanks, we'll take him to the pediatrician in the morning and let her decided. This doctor we had seemed totally unsure of herself. First she wanted to check his urine for an UTI, then she changed her mind after talking to the 'other staff.' Then she just discharged him. Wasted 2 and a half hours of mine and Luke's life at the pediatric ER.

Gavin goes to the gastrologist on Wednesday. It's his follow up with him. Hopefully all goes well. He had bloodwork done on Friday and his hemoglobin was 9.7. Which is still not wonderful, but, it was up from last time. So, that is not good news, but better news. He goes into their office on the 17th.

Kami and Luke also have to get their second rounds of flu shots in the next week or so. After that hopefully we can steer clear of doctors offices (and all other medical facilities) until December when Kami and Luke go for their well baby check up. I actually look forward to those (minus the shots) so I can see how they are growing! I will keep everyone posted on the next couple of doctor visits!

2 comments:

Baylee's Mommy said...

I seem to say this every other post these days. Poor Poor babies..AND Mommy! :(

debi9kids said...

Geez! Your poor little guy! I hope he's feeling better now!

Keep us posted about gavin's appt.

ps I tried to grab your button for my blog and it wouldn't allow me :(