Sunday, November 15, 2009

Another ER Visit

Today started off well. We woke up, had breakfast, then the kids played in the living room for a while. Later, we went grocery shopping at Wal-Mart. Afterwards, we came home, had lunch, then the kids took a nap. During their nap, I worked out, then cleaned. After they were all awake, I got them dressed in their new Christmas outifts (that's right!) and took pictures in preparation for their Christmas card and blog header! (Can you tell I'm ready for Christmas?) The Martrains (Jonathon, Jody, Lainee and Logan) came over for supper. We had Gavin's favorite, pizza! All the kids played for a while, and they left to go home around 7ish. I got Kami and Luke changed into their pajamas and as I was putting Kami in her bed, I heard my computer chair squeek, then I heard a really loud thud, and a SCREAM! I came into the dining room and Gavin had blood pouring out of his nose. I picked him up, took him to the bathroom and got him a wet wash cloth. He wasn't too fond of me putting the washcloth on his nose, but eventually calmed down long enough for me to get most of the bleeding stopped. That is when I realized his lip was swollen and he was also bleeding from the mouth. Fearing a broken nose, or a lip that needed stitches, we called the Lake Line Direct (nurse line) and they suggested I take him to the ER for x-rays. Good news! No broken nose or stitches! His nose and lip are pretty swollen though. He's doing much better now, laying on the couch watching Wow Wow Wubzy. I managed to get one picture (after I cleaned him up and he was in a better mood) of his battle scars! LOL

No comments: