Tuesday, March 24, 2009

6 Month Well Check

Yesterday I took Kami and Luke to the doctor for their 6 month well check. They did all the weighing a checking them out, while I chased Gavin around, because he can open their doors! He tried to escape on more than one occassion. Anyway, Luke weighs 17lb 14 oz (50th percentile), he is 27 1/4 inches long (75th percentile!!) and his head is 18 1/4 inches (95th percentile). So, he is slowly catching his brother in head size LOL. Kami weighs 14lb 14oz (25th percentile), she is 25 1/2 inches long (50th percentile) and her head is 17 1/4 inches (75th percentile). So, Kami is still 3lbs smaller than Luke, which has been the case for about 4 months. I talked to her about Kami's foot again, but she seems to think it will turn on it's own once she starts walking. For those of you who don't know (can't remember if I included it in a posting) Kami's left foot was turn completely to the side when she was born. The doctors said it was because she didn't have much room, and that it would turn on it's own. Well, ever since she started jumping in the jumperoo, it seems to be getting worse (in my opinion). So I decided to mention it to the doctor, but she's not worried about it just yet. I'm just going to be really angry if she ends up needing braces and it could have been fixed before hand with physical therapy. I also talked to her about Kami's eyes, which are fine, I was just being a little paranoid. She reacted completely normal to the light the doctor shined in her eyes. Go figure! LOL I also talked to her about Luke's coordination, and she said because his head is so big, it might take him a little longer to get full control over it, so sitting up and things might take a little bit longer for him, rather than Kami. I think that's it, except she said I could begin giving them a sippy cup, which I began doing over a month ago!

2 comments:

Andrea' said...

Tell the doc not to be talking about my baby's head. He is not sitting up yet or getting full control, because he is so "laid back"! He takes enough abuse from cousin Asher and his brother; he is just waiting until he catches up or gets bigger to fight back. Give those three big kisses from Aunt Onnie.

Jules said...

Wow - they are doing so well. I can't believe how big they are, let alone how old they are already. It just seems like yesterday I was waiting for the post that you had given birth to them.

I think you should follow your gut with regards to Kami's foot. Maybe at the next appointment, mention it again?? I don't know how often you have to go in the States for your well baby checks. After the 6 month check up here in Canada, we go again at 9 months, then 12, 15, 18 and 24 months. Hopefully things will be fine (which I'm sure they will) but I know I'd be doing the same thing as you (perhaps worrying for nothing but I'd rather be that way lol)