Sunday, March 21, 2010

Mother's Intuition

Do you believe in Mother's/Father's Intuition? Give some examples.


I most definitely believe in Mother's Intuition. When Gavin was 2 months old and was running fever after his very first immunizations, I knew something was "off." After a week, I called his pedi, who thought he'd be fine, since his temp was "only 99-100" but I insisted I bring him in. He was admitted that night to the pediatric hospital with a hemoglobin of 5.

When I was pregnant with Kami and Luke and the doctors were all up in a fuss over my cervical legnth, checking it every month, I wasn't worried. I knew they weren't coming early. And I was right, they were born at 37w4d with no signs of labor in sight!

1 comment:

Safire said...

Isn't it fun to trump the doctors sometimes? :) Loved looking at your blog!