Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Today's Events

4:30 a.m.-Woke up when Chad's alarm went off. Gavin comes running in our room with his blanket, pillow and empty sippy cup. He asks me for chocolate milk, so I fix him a cup.

5:00 a.m.-Chad leaves for work. Gavin requests to watch tv. I turn on the tv, hoping to catch an hour or 2 more sleep. The volume is messed up. Gavin isn't a happy camper. I get up and call Direct TV, because the volume works with a DVD. Direct TV isn't open yet.

5:30 a.m.-8:00 a.m.- wash dishes, clean up kitchen. Get Kami and Luke out of bed, change diapers, get them some milk. Get Gavin and myself dressed for his doctor's appointment.

8:00 a.m.-9:30 a.m.-Aunt Sheila gets here to watch Kami and Luke. She brought them all breakfast. Gavin and I leave for his appointment. Doctor gives him the ok for surgery. We come back home.

9:30 a.m.-12:00 noon-Gavin plays with Aunt Sheila. Lunch time gets here and Gavin wants pizza. We didn't have pizza so he sweet talked his Aunt Sheila into going to get him some. I fix the pizza and feed the kiddies. Nap time.

12:00 noon-2:30 p.m.-Kids nap, while I clean, wash clothes, fold clothes and pack. I pack Kami and Luke's suitcase for MiMi's house this weekend and Gavin's for the hospital.

2:30 p.m.-5:00 p.m.- Kami wakes up from her nap. She eats a snack and I put her in the living room to play. Gavin wakes up, has a snack and plays with his sister. Luke wakes up, has a snack and plays with Kami and Gavin. I finally finish folding clothes and go to put the final items (socks) in Kami and Luke's suticase in the living room only to find them empty. I searched high and low and finally found all the clothes behind the couch. I re-pack and zip up the suitcase.

5:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.-Gavin begs to have peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for supper. I oblige and fix three sandwiches. Then I start spahgetti for Chad and I. The kids finish their sandwiches and eat bananas. Spahgetti done, and time for bathes. (The hardest part of the day!) Babies are clean and MiMi gets here. They play with her for a few minutes, then it's Kami and Luke's bed time.

7:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m.-MiMi and Gavin go to Uncle Bubba and Aunt Onnie's to get Asher's stuff for this weekend (he's going to MiMi's too!) Then they go to Wal-Mart to pick out Gavin some brand new "hospital pajamas." I'm here making Lasanga with leftover spahgetti sauce for Chad's supper tomorrow. I also made muffins for breakfast after Gavin is taken back for surgery. He can't eat after 9:00 p.m.

9:00 p.m.-present time-I cleaned up, moved carseats to MiMi's car, packed 2 diaper bags for tomorrow, made sure I had everything together so I could just wake up* and leave in the morning. Did my school work that is due tomorrow at midnight, since I won't have a computer tomorrow and blogged.

*Since it is now midnight and I still haven't showered, it looks as though I will NOT be sleeping tonight. If I go to sleep at 1 a.m. I will not be able to function on 2 and a half hours of sleep. Yep, I have to get up at 3:30 in order to have myself and three kids ready to leave by 5:00 a.m.!

Moral of this blog post? It's been a long freakin' day.

2 comments:

debi9kids said...

OMGoodness. I will be thinking of you and saying prayers...

Baylee's Mommy said...

GIRL!!!! OMG!
Thanks for the play by play :)
I will be thinking of you and Gavin today! Love you